The "Edit protocol" menu gives you the possibility to change general parameters related to the protocol you are working on:
- The title of your protocol (default = "new protocol").
- A short description of your protocol (optional).
- The owner of the protocol (Owners will be able to edit and share this protocol).
- The project the protocol belongs to and will appear under on the Project tab.
Further below you may also select:
- the microplate pipetting policy (the order in which liquid is dispensed between labware/wells),
- if during the protocol the default is to use filter tips. Checking here once, results in every new pipetting step having this option already activated automatically (see the article about pipetting parameters “Advanced: Tip choice”).