📗 New application from MACHEREY-NAGEL: NucleoBond Xtra Midi Protocol
Following in the heels of our recent released NucleoSpin RNA Virus Protocol for Pipette+, we are also releasing its big brother, the NucleoBond Xtra MidiPrep protocol, now validated for Andrew+ for both 3- and 6- preps!
With its long-standing experience in chromatography and nucleic acid purification, MACHEREY-NAGEL is an ideal choice for high-quality plasmid preps.
Together with Andrew Alliance, the hardware and protocols for easy automation of up to 6 plasmid midi preps in parallel, provide you with an option to avoid the tedious procedure of manual plasmid purification.
Serial dilution with Shaking
When a biologist performs a serial dilution on multiwell labware or with a relatively large number of steps, the mixing, which is usually done with just the pipette is not be sufficient; when the last step of the dilution is executed, a lack of homogenous mixing may occur.
To answer this need, OneLab allows users to select a shaking action each time they dispense the sample into one destination
How does it work ?
1. In the serial dilution editor, for the mixing, select "using shaking action".
Note: The shaking action can replace or complete the mixing performed
2. During your experiment run, the shaking actions will occur between the dilution pipetting to properly mix every dilution steps.
And if your lab setup has a pipetting robot and a connected shaker compatible with OneLab, they will be automatically controlled during the experiment.
- We've reviewed the device selection algorithm to enable a more precise choice of device for a protocol action that can describe multiple experiment activities (i.e. "Apply vacuum / positive pressure", "Heat / cool").
- We tuned up the timers to be more accurate and independent from local configurations
📗 OneLab library protocols
New quick start open-source protocols are now available in the OneLab library:
- Updated: Oasis HLB 96-square well plate, 60 mg sorbent/well (186000679), Oasis HLB 96-well µElution plate, 2 mg sorbent/well (186001828BA), Oasis HLB 96-square well plate, 30 mg sorbent/well (WAT058951), Ostro™ 96-square well sample preparation plate (186005518) are now compatible with Vacuum+ by Andrew Alliance
Some labware images deserved a better resolution — it's done now and we will continue to improve the quality of the OneLab labware catalog.
- Added: Nalgene™ 175 mL square wide-mouth HDPE bottle (312114-0006)
- Added: Oasis HLB 96-square well plate, 60 mg sorbent/well (186000679)
- Added: Oasis HLB 96-well µElution plate, 2 mg sorbent/well (186001828BA)
- Added: Oasis HLB 96-square well plate, 30 mg sorbent/well (WAT058951)
- Added: Ostro™ 96-square well sample preparation plate (186005518)
- Added: Waters 2 mL 96-square well collection plate, cut corner H1 (186002482)
- Added: Waters 2 mL 96-square well collection plate, cut corner A1/H1 (WAT058958)
- Added: MicroAmp™ Optical 384-well barcoded PCR plate (4309849)
Domino (labware holder for Andrew+)
- Added: Nalgene™ 175mL bottle Domino (218.3801)
- Added: 384-PCR Plate Cooled Domino (218.3761)
- Updated: Waters 2 mL 96-square well collection plate, cut corner H1 (186002482), Waters 2 mL 96-square well collection plate, cut corner A1/H1 (WAT058958) are now compatible with Deepwell Microplate Domino (218.2301) and Storage Plate Domino (218.2901)